Friday 30 May 2014

Flower pens letter to Zimbabwe fans

Grant Flower has written a letter to Zimbabwe cricket fans explaining why he left the national team to become Pakistan’s new batting coach.

The letter, addressed to Zimbabwean cricket followers, clarifies his resignation from Zimbabwe Cricket as the national batting coach and why he accepted a similar role with Pakistan.

Thursday, May 29, 2014

FOR ZIMBABWEAN CRICKET FOLLOWERS

I would like to take this opportunity to clarify my position with regards to Zimbabwe Cricket and my recent resignation as National Batting Coach for the Zimbabwe National Cricket Team. I have had three good years with Zimbabwe Cricket, Players, Coaches and Management. I feel that I have developed both as a coach and as an individual. I would like to think that I have had a positive influence on the development of the players and that they have enjoyed their time working alongside me. I have definitely seen improvements both technically and mentally and feel that there is still a tremendous amount of talent within Zimbabwe Cricket to be unearthed. The players need to find the inner drive for success at the highest level as it cannot always be coach driven.

Regarding taking up the position as Batting Coach with the Pakistan National Team, I believe that this is the right time for me to take on a new challenge in order to enhance my career. There are always areas where players, coaches and administration can improve in communication but I can honestly say that as a whole, my time with Zimbabwe Cricket has been both enjoyable and rewarding. I will still be working with the players until the end of June and look forward to helping in their preparation for the upcoming tours by South Africa and Australia.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Zimbabwe Cricket for all that they have done for me in my development as a coach and wish all parties involved continued growth and hopefully further success in the future. I am taking on this new and exciting challenge for my development as a coach and do not see it as closing the door with Zimbabwe Cricket.

Yours in cricket.

GRANT FLOWER

Flower’s appointment comes two weeks after Mushtad Ahmed signed on as a spin bowling consultant, edging out former team-mate Saqlain Mushtaq. 

Pakistan travel to Sri Lanka in August for two Tests and three one-day internationals before hosting Australia in UAE.
Source - Cricket Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment