Monday 26 May 2014

Muirhead to join Sri Lankan club

James Muirhead is one of four young Australians breaking new ground by linking up with Sri Lankan cricket clubs for a stint throughout June. Muirhead, whose rapid rise culminated in selection in Australia’s squad for the ICC World T20 in March, will be joined by fellow young guns Ashton Agar, William Bosisto and Matthew Short for the 2014 Under-23 Division 1 domestic
Tournament. The 20-year-old leg-spinner is currently at the National Cricket Centre in Brisbane. “We’ve got great facilities up here now – the facilities are world-class,” he told.
“The coaches are great, and we’ve got really good resources to use. “I’ve been here for three and-a-half weeks now, and I’m here for another week before I head to Sri Lanka for four weeks. I’m being put up by a club (Moors) there, and I play three three-day games, and a few one dayers and Twenty20s so it should be great.”

No comments:

Post a Comment